Health for all? Liverpool, Sat 3rd November 2018
10am-4pm, St. Bede’s Church. Health for all? Facebook event
An event aiming to bring together communities in the North West to hear more about the devastating impact of NHS charging regulations on individuals and the NHS more broadly, and collectively discuss building campaigns to challenge this policy. All welcome!
With Rayah Feldman (Maternity Action), Kitty Worthing (Docs Not Cops), James Skinner (Medact), Jo Rylands (Junior Doctor), John Grayson (South Yorkshire Migration and Asylum Action Group) and John Nicholson (Immigration Barrister)
Organised by: Keep Our NHS Public Merseyside, Save Liverpool Women’s Hospital campaign.
Supported by: Docs Not Cops, Medact, These Walls Must Fall, Refugee Women Connect, Asylum Link Merseyside, South Yorkshire Migration and Asylum Action Group.
Resisting the Hostile Environment – Glasgow, Sat 10th November 2018
A day of workshops & talks about fighting back against the UK Border Regime.
Docs Not Cops, Unis Resist Border Controls, Corporate Watch (launching their new book ‘The UK Border Regime’), Living Rent Glasgow & Unity Centre
– How is the Hostile Environment currently functioning?
– How are people resisting it and fighting back?
– What actions can we take locally?
Travel expenses and childcare available for anyone who needs them / if you are able to donate towards the event costs it would be very appreciated.
New to the UK: Exploring the maternity needs and experiences of immigrant, refugee and asylum seeking women, Oxford, Saturday 10th Nov 2018
8:45am – 15:30pm, Chakrabarti Lecture Theatre, John Henry Brookes Building, Headington Campus Oxford Brookes University, OX3 0BP. New to the UK midwifery conference website
- The needs of migrant women during pregnancy, birth and beyond. Their experiences of current maternity care provision in the UK.
- Strategies to improve the pregnancy, birth and early days of motherhood experience for migrant women and their families.
- Strategies to optimise maternity caregiver knowledge and skills when caring for this client group.
Refugees who are Experts by Experience